1.18.2010

TARP worth the trouble?

I give you an article on TARP and whether it looks successful from my bank, who are not only awesome to do business with but also an excellent news source.

it's interesting how something expected to produce significant losses in government seems that it may turn an actual profit. not that it's guaranteed to, as the interview points out. it also illuminates explicitly why some banks have repaid so quickly. I think it was pretty commonly accepted that banks didn't like the limits on executive pay, but I haven't heard it much discussed that all big banks were pressured to accept the money even if they were financially healthy.

anyone have thoughts on TARP-in-retrospect and whether it will turn out to have been a good investment?

[ author's note: can someone please tell my investments that they're well positioned to continue growing? the past few days have seen my (significant) QTD growth almost completely devoured. ]

No comments: